They’ve gone and done it again!
Facebook announced changes to their algorithm to make sure only the best, most engaging content is coming through on your news feed.
Please click this link for details.
Here are some highlights:
- FB is now using something they call Real-Time Signals to see which posts need to go beyond its Organic Reach
- Has a friend commented on a post, seems to be one of the most valuable metrics
- How do these signals change in real time
- Are some posts Temporarily more important?
- Favorite sports team just won a game and everybody is writing about it
- FB claims this change with Real-Time Signals won’t affect most pages
- “We anticipate that most Pages won’t see any significant changes to their distribution in News Feed. Some Pages might see a small increase in referral traffic or outbound clicks, and some Pages might see minor decreases. Pages should continue to post stories that are relevant to their audiences.”
- TV Station pages aren’t “Most Pages” so don’t be deceived by this notice from Facebook
- We must earn our engagement more than ever by getting people to “do something” with the post (Click, like, share or comment)
- But it now appears comments are going to take on heavier weight, especially as it relates to fast-moving topics
Currently rated by 0 people