Posted on January 6th, 2017 By Andrew Finlayson
Here are some content and presentation concepts for your inauguration coverage to consider.
WHO IS GOING
1. What is the official government delegation from your state that will be in attendance? Which elected officials are Trump supporters and will get the best seats?
2. Who are the influencers from your region that are going: the religious leaders, the bloggers, the local radio station or print reporters who might be part of your coverage?
3. Who are the “forgotten” people who are going; we can imagine busloads of people in red hats leaving from all points of the country to be in DC for this historic event
4. Other local or regional organizations and groups that will be going…
a. Church groups
c. Civic organization (Which may include veteran’s groups, abortion opponents, gun rights, and others who are enthusiastic about a Trump presidency)
d. Republican party supporters
e. Protesters (who will likely be put into special areas to protest)
f. Security teams (your local police/FBI office/Fire/National Guard etc. may be deployed to the DC area)
5. Which businesses from your region are going to be involved; business people might be going but also they might be providing t-shirts or providing food/gifts to the people at the inauguration