Copyright 2019 by DNN Corp
We are pleased to present below all posts archived in 'November 2017'. If you still can't find what you are looking for, try using the search box.
Our November set of Hot Clips goes into 6-second-mode, finds a wild name for a weather vehicle, and brings out the best in some new sets...
BAM Storytelling (WINK, Fort Myers): a highly-coordinated, well-paced approach to storytelling using in-studio monitors and an active live shot
AM News Set Spot (WJAX, Jacksonville): non-stop steadycam action shows off this new set and energetically promotes the AM show
6-Second Spot (FOX): effective use of the much-talked-about 6-second ad placed in-content during the World Series
Weather Beast (KWGN, Denver): an insurgent name for a storm tracker vehicle, complete with a very visual 6am start
Sportscasts inside local TV newscast face an uncertain future. As is the case with Weather & News, Sports consumption in the digital space has a direct impact on why/if viewers want information in a TV newscast. It has to pass the same Immediacy/Impact test as the rest of the content.
Unique to sports versus weather or news is the audience composition. Pretty much everybody watching a local TV newscast is inclined to be interested in News & Weather content but with traditional sports….the audience composition is much different.Every viewer in all local television markets can generally be put into one of the following three groups as it relates to their interest in sports:
1. Sports Fanatics- Crazy about sports- Consume a lot of sports scores/news online- Active on Social Media
1. Do you really need that filling? Are Veneers really the answer? Empower your viewers with what to know and what to ask before they just accept what the dentist tells them.
2. It’s raining needles! Another facet to the opioid epidemic can take you to the landfills and dumps and the environmentalists. This will showcase the needles and the damage done.
3. Is Marijuana legalization the pot of gold or the pot of mold? A look at what happens to home prices and the hidden mold from growin’ your own. If your state is thinking of legalizing here’s a different take on the pro/con debate.
4. As you tackle the pluses and minuses of ACA, here’s a look at how nonprofit hospitals are raking in the profits but not putting it back into the community. Examine how the communities around your hospitals are faring and are they worse off since ACA?