Depth of experience: We have conducted over 4000 proprietary studies and have had a seat at the table at every major transition from broadcast, to digital, to mobile, to today’s continuing evolution of multi-screen and multi-platform technology, including OTT and virtual reality. We set the benchmark for understanding, evaluating, and delivering actionable recommendations in this highly complex digital landscape. Our forward thinking provides roadmaps for our clients to choreograph their programs and messaging across all social networks, transform disruption into opportunity, and develop new and innovative revenue streams.
Deliverables: We never leave our clients with an indecipherable data dump. While we do deliver comprehensive data and analyses, we decode that information and provide insights and actionable recommendations designed to meet our client’s core objectives. We interpret the date and provide clear roadmaps for success. Additionally, we deliver our raw data (in addition to any data formats requested) in the form of our proprietary Flash Reports. These reports enable our clients to access any cut of the data with a single click. We obviate the need for any additional time and expense that other firms require to process those additional data cuts.
Research Based Consulting: We do not limit our services to research. We are instrumental in helping our clients apply the insights and learnings surfaced in the data. The media landscape continues to evolve at an exponential rate. In order to help our clients anticipate trends and adapt at the speed of digital, we offer ongoing consulting services. Our teams support both on-air and digital initiatives, and we choreograph efforts across all screens and social media platforms. We consult with over 100 stations in the US, a host of media companies and provide research based guidance for all aspects of brand, product, and program development.
Timelines: We have a reputation within the industry of delivering the fastest turn-around times on even the most complex segmentation studies.
Methodology: Unlike many more traditional research firms, we are not wed or limited to any specific methodology. We deliver a broad and innovative range of quantitative and qualitative services and will deploy whatever service or combination of services best meets our client’s marketing objectives. These include online and mobile surveys, digital panels, online and in-person dial tests, focus groups, affinity sessions, proprietary digital ethnographies, eye tracking, Emotient Analytics (facial Coding), on site and in-store interviews.
Innovation: We move at the speed of digital and are market leaders in innovating research technology and methodologies. Our Virtual Tag Along® sets the benchmark for digital ethnographies, and our current work with Stanford University, ShareRocket, and Vertical Knowledge enable us to deliver 1) Moment-to-Moment immersive digital monitoring, 2) real-time social equity scores, and 3) a digital monitoring system capturing sentiment, content, interactions, transactional behavior and trends with real time reporting and dashboards.
Sampling Methods: By design, we rely on a number of different sample sources in order to meet the needs of each project and offer a deeper sample base than most.
- All members of our panels are recruited exclusively using double opt-in permission-based techniques and have expressed interest in participating in online market research.
- We DO NOT use unsolicited email or spam in our recruiting.
- Using multiple suppliers ensures that we minimize any bias that might occur when utilizing a single source for sample.
- In the process of fielding the study, panel respondents are checked against each other, thus preventing the respondents from taking the survey more than once.
Quality Control: The emphasis we place on quality control is unmatched in the industry. We monitor and clean the data several different ways:
- Look for patterns in the data (i.e. straightliner analysis and inconsistent answers)
- Review the open-ended questions to verify that the respondents are giving cogent, valid responses
- We also verify based on length (time spent) of interview (speed trap)
- Scrub out by locality based on zip code and/or IP address coming from “out of the region”
- Many of our surveys also include “attention” questions which ask the respondent to answer a particular way in order to make sure they are paying attention.